TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Each entrant can enter their premises into a maximum of five categories. Select one only from Bar Type, one only from Food Type (If applicable) and up to 4 categories from General.
- Entries must be submitted via the official online entry system. Entries submitted in a different format will not be accepted. Please type your responses in the answer boxes provided. Handwritten entry forms will not be accepted.
- Entrants must attach at least one image with their entry.
- Entrants must attach copies of their menus if entering food categories.
- Entrants must complete the release form agreeing to waive the cost of adjudicating your premises. Waiver form to be returned to [email protected] or upload to the entry form no later than 20th March 2019
- The final deadline for entries is 20th March 2019. No entries will be accepted after this date.
- The Bar of the Year Awards are judged in two sections. The written submission is the first round of judging. The decision to shortlist a property for site inspection will be based on the initial written submission.
- The second round of judging will be the site visit/inspection undertaken by members of the judging panel. Judging will commence in mid April / May / June
- No correspondence may be entered into with members of the judging panel following their visit to your premises. The judges have been instructed not to comment on their inspection when leaving your premises so please do not press them for information. Entrants may not lobby for an Award.
- While at all times the judges will endeavour not to visit during peak periods, due to the volume of entries to be judged we cannot guarantee that judges will not visit on a Friday or Saturday night. Remember, judges’ visits are unannounced in order to enable us to assess your business incognito.
- Judges will only visit your premises once. Please note on your entry form your hours of opening and if you close on any day during the week.
- So that entrants are not aware when judging is taking place, judges will pay for their drinks/meal, retain the receipt and upon departure, present the receipt and waiver form to your staff for a full refund. Please communicate this process with your team. Please note that if signed waivers are not accepted your entry to the Bar of the Year Awards shall be deemed void.
- The overall “Bar of the Year Award” will be presented to a category winner that has been deemed to have performed exceptionally well in its chosen category.
- Finalists must have a representative present at the awards.
- The judging panel’s decision is final.
IP AND RIGHT OF PUBLICITY REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
By submitting a Communication, you represent and warrant that you have the right to submit the Communication to Ashville Media Group. You also represent and warrant that the Communication is original, was created by you, and does not contain any material or information whose inclusion in the Communication and/or use by Ashville Media Group in connection with Ashville Media Group’s exploitation of the Communication hereunder would violate or infringe upon any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or persona, right of privacy, moral rights, or other personal or proprietary right of any person or entity or violate any law or regulation.
Each Communication submitted by you must consist entirely of material and/or information that is owned by you, including but not limited to any text, music, recordings, illustrations, photographic images, and video clips. By submitting a Communication, you represent and warrant that it does not contain any material or information that is owned or controlled by anyone other than you.
Ashville Media Group Privacy Statement
Ashville Media Group full privacy statement can be read here.
We participate in and comply with The Data Protection Acts 1988 & 2003 (“The Acts”) and Statutory Instrument Number 336 of 2011 European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services)(Privacy and Electronic Communications) Regulations 2011 (“SI 336/2011”)
Our Credit Card transactions are all handled using Realex system online ( Privacy Statement)
If you have any questions or concerns at any time, please do not hesitate to contact us at the address above or by contacting us at [email protected] .