The Sky Bar of the Year Awards have recognised the excellent bars, knowledgeable staff, high quality service, and innovation in the bar trade. Now in their twelfth year the Sky Bar of the Year Awards are the premium awards for the licensed trade. The Sky Bar of the Year Awards are dedicated to raising the profile of the licensed trade and reminding consumers of the excellent service and quality that exists today within the licensed trade
From long established traditional local pubs to up-and-coming new arrivals, the Sky Bar of the Year Awards is the ultimate stamp of approval for the best of the best in the licensing industry.
For any further enquiries please contact Jacinta on: 01 4322201
or by email: [email protected]
Closing Date for Entries is Wednesday, 10th May.
HOW TO ENTER
Entry fee is €92.50 + vat 23% with this you will receive 4 issues of the Licensing World magazine and up to 5 email address for the online edition.
If this is your first year entering please create a new account by filling in the details. If you created an account last year please use same login details. There is a link if you have forgotten your password from last year.
To enter you will require.
A photo of the related area, ie if you enter best outside space, a photo of the space will be necessary.
A signed waiver, please click here to download waiver.
Once you are logged in, you will automatically be brought to the “My Applications” page.
Complete first part of form. Please fill out the premises title correctly as this will be the detail used for the duration of the competition and for all future marketing and social media collateral.
Complete second part of form. Each Premises can enter up to 5 categories, please select 1 from Bar Type, 1 from Food Type (if applicable) and up to 3 in General Categories
To enter additional categories please click ‘Copy Application'
If you are entering more than one premises, please click on ‘Make Another Submission'
If you would like to complete the entry at a different time, simply click “save” and you can access the submission form in “In Progress” when you log in again.
To proceed to the payment stage, click on “Checkout”.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT ?
Once the submission period is closed, all verified and completed entries will go forward to the judging panel for online review. The judging panel will then meet for a judging day to review all submissions and decide on shortlist in each category. The shortlisted premises will then proceed to the 2nd round of judging and most importantly, will be blind site inspected. Site inspections will take place in May/June. On completion of site inspections, a final judges meeting will take place. Finalist list will be released and the winner of each category will be announced at the awards night on the 21st August 2017. Link here to Judging Process.
All shortlisted premises will be eligible for the People's Choice Award.
The top premises in each region – Dublin, Leinster, Munster, Connacht/Ulster will go forward for public voting for a two week period. Regional winners will be announced and the Overall People’s choice winner will be announced at the awards night on the 21st August 2017.
Entrants can enter the following:-
Select one from type of bar:
- Local Bar of the Year
- Traditional Bar of the Year
- Modern Bar of the Year
- City Bar of the Year
- Hotel Bar of the Year
- Tourist Bar of the Year
- Restaurant Bar of the Year
Select one type of food (if applicable):
- Best Bar Food of the Year
- Best Gastro Bar of the Year
Select up to three from general categories:
- Best Outside Space of the Year
- Best Designed Bar / Best Inside Space of the Year
- Best Live Entertainment of the Year
- Best Late Bar of the Year (Music venue/nightclub)
- Best Cocktail Bar of the Year
- Craft Beer Bar of the Year
- Best Gin Bar of the Year
- Best Whiskey of the Year
- Best Bar Manager of the Year
- Best Bar to watch the Match
Sky bar of the year will be chosen from the winner of each category
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entry is open to paid subscribers of Licensing World Magazine, subscription rate is €92.50+ [email protected]%
- Each entrant can enter their premises into a maximum of five categories. Entrants can only select one category from Type of Bar and Type of Food.
- Entries must be submitted via the official online entry forms. Entries submitted in a different format will not be accepted. Please type your responses in the answer boxes provided. Handwritten entry forms will not be accepted.
- Entrants must attach at least one image with their entry.
- Entrants must attach copies of their menus if entering the food categories.
- The final deadline for entries is 26 April. No entries will be accepted after this date.
- The Sky Bar of the Year Awards are judged in two sections. The written submission is the first round of judging. The decision to shortlist a property for site inspection will be based on the initial written submission.
- The second round of judging will be the site visit/inspection undertaken by members of the judging panel. Judging will commence in May/June/July.
- No correspondence may be entered into with members of the judging panel following their visit to your premises. The judges have been instructed not to comment on their inspection when leaving your premises so please do not press them for information. Entrants may not lobby for an Award.
- While at all times the judges will endeavour not to visit during peak periods, due to the volume of entries to be judged we cannot guarantee that judges will not visit on a Friday or Saturday night. Remember, judges’ visits are unannounced in order to enable us to assess your business incognito.
- Judges will only visit your premises once. Please note on your entry form your hours of opening and if you close on any day during the week.
- So that entrants are not
- The overall Sky “Bar of the Year Award” will be presented to a category winner that has been deemed to have performed exceptionally well in its chosen category.
Finalists must have a representative present at the awards.
- The judging panel’s decision is final.