Round 1 – Online Review
- All judges review online submissions for each premises and shortlist for site inspection.
Round 2 – Inspection
- A panel of judges consisting of between 2 to 5 judges will blind site inspect each premises. Judges will use a set list of criteria to score each category.
- Finalists will be shortlisted and all scores will be reviewed at our Bar Awards judges meeting.
- All site inspected properties will be put forward to our regional People’s Choice category across Munster, Leinster, Ulster, Connacht & Dublin. The public get to decide on the winner by voting for their favorite bar in each of the provinces. The Bar with the most public votes will receive the coveted People’s Choice Award.
Judges Choice Categories
- Staff Personality and Outstanding Customer Service Awards – Open to all site inspected categories judges will shortlist based on the site inspection of each premises. Judges will be looking for that person/team who goes the extra mile, member(s) of staff who make a lasting impression.
Bar of the Year
The Bar of the Year is selected from the winner in each of the individual categories. This award will be presented to the Bar where the judges have had an unique, flawless and memorable experience.