The winners of the Dublin Craft Beer & Cider Cups were announced on the opening evening of the three day Alltech Craft Brews & Food Fair at the Convention Centre Dublin. The Dublin Craft Beer Cup was awarded to German Brewery, CREW Republic for their ‘Rest in Peace’ Barley Wine; the Dublin Craft Cider Cup went to Tempted Cider for its ‘Tempted Strawberry Cider’ and the ‘Best in Ireland’ award went to Lough Gill Brewery for their Barrel Aged Dark Sunset Imperial Oatmeal Stout.
The Dublin Craft Beer and Cider Cup competitions were first launched in 2013 to provide an opportunity to build brand recognition within the industry for smaller craft brewers. The contests allow craft brewers and cider makers to showcase their brews and have them rated, tasted and analysed by an expert, international panel of judges.
Speaking about this year’s competition, Gearoid Cahill, Head Judge said, “This year we have seen a very high standard of entries for the Alltech Craft Dublin Cup. The judges were impressed with the wide variety of beer styles, with craft brewers skilfully taking on new and bold recipes with success. Huge congratulations to all of our medal winners.”
The following category winners were also announced:
- Speciality Category: Boyne Brewhouse Saison – Gold Medal
- Lager: Mont Irish Pilsner – Silver Medal
- Wheat Beer: Scheider Weisse Tap 6 – Gold Medal
- Ale: Bronckhorster Dubbelganger – Gold Medal
- Porter & Stout: Einstok Beer Toasted Porter – Gold Medal
- IPA: McGargles Daragh’s Grapefruit Session IPA – Gold Medal
- Pale Ale: Evolution Brewery – Hazy American – Gold Medal
- Irish: Lough Gill Brewery for their Barrel Aged Dark Sunset Imperial Oatmeal Stout